SAVE THE DATE
Annual SLCA Public Meeting
Thursday, January 28th, 2016
6-8pm / Millcreek REI / Wasatch Room / 3285 E 3300 S SLC Utah 84109
- 2015 Accomplishments
- 2016 Goals
- Public Input – we want to hear from you and your concerns about outdoor climbing areas in the Wasatch.
- Showing of the film “The Grand Rescue” with intro by Ted Wilson.Ted Wilson, former Salt Lake City Mayor, climber and outdoor enthusiast will present the documentary film, THE GRAND RESCUE. The 53 minute documentary features Wilson in a harrowing rescue that took place on the North Face of the Grand Teton in 1967. Wilson will be on hand to answer questions following the film.
In 2015 the SLCA...
- Facilitated almost 5,000 volunteer hours in the Wasatch and at Joe’s Valley to conserve climbing areas.
- Gained a seat at the table in Mountain Accord to plan for the future of the Wasatch.
- Sent SLCA representatives to Washington D.C. to advocate for climbers interests and human powered recreation with the Outdoor Alliance.
- Formed the Joe’s Valley Coalition to plan for the future of Joe’s Valley.
- Hosted six Adopt a Crags in an effort to clean up and preserve local crags.
- Replaced bad bolts and anchors at the Division Wall & Canibus in American Fork Canyon.
- Scrubbed graffiti at our local crags.
- Provided seasonal latrines at Joe’s Valley for the 7th year in a row.
- Launched ROCK Project with Momentum, Black Diamond, & the Access Fund, a new climber education program focused on responsible outdoor ethics.
- Hosted the 3rd Annual Craggin’ Classic in partnership with the American Alpine Club & Mountain Education and Development, a festival focused on outdoor climbing skills.