Maple Canyon ADOPT A CRAG
Saturday, August 15th, 2015
Thank you if you have volunteered for the Maple Canyon Adopt a Crag scheduled for tomorrow August 15th from 9-2PM.
If you haven’t registered and are planning to come, please SIGN UP ASAP HERE.
Here are a few details for tomorrow:
– Most important, THANK YOU for taking your Saturday to steward the places you love to climb.
– We will meet at the group campground parking lot (first main kiosk/ fee site parking area in the canyon) at 9AM. Please car pool to this spot in the morning.
– We will break into groups from this site. We have work planned at Maple Corridor, Left Fork, Pipeline, Minimum, Pipedream, and Damascus climbing areas.
– Bring a pack with a lunch, snacks & lots of water.
– Refreshments from Moab Brewery and a gear raffle will happen after the work is complete back at the main kiosk.
– No dogs (they get in the way and it’s unsafe to have them when we are moving big rocks).
– We will get dirty. Consider wearing long pants, bring a long sleeve shirt, gloves (we have some extras), helmet (climbing helmets work), glasses (sun glasses work), sunscreen, and closed toed shoes (you can’t work with us in open toed shoes).
Having volunteers with the skills necessary to do stewardship work at climbing areas is invaluable to the SLCA. Please consider signing up for another Adopt a Crag this year and let us know if you are interested in helping to be a crew lead at the next one!