The Salt Lake Climbers Alliance has been a leading force in sustaining Wasatch Front climbing resources for ten years and counting. To help the SLCA continue to expand its work to promote climbing opportunities, preserve local access and encourage stewardship of the environment, please consider becoming a supporting member.
The Salt Lake Climbers Alliance is now joining forces with The Access Fund for the good of climbers and climbing access in the Salt Lake City area and across the country. By combining membership, you can receive benefits from both organizations for the cost of one!
Become a member today!Join Renew
What has the SLCA done for Salt Lake’s climbing community since 2002?
- Served as advocate for local climbers with land managers and other stake holders
- In partnership with the American Safe Climbing Association we have helped replace old, worn-out bolts throughout the Wasatch
- Annual SLCA Days: community-building comps, parties and fundraisers
- Adopt-a-Crag Days:
- American Fork Canyon: Division Wall, the Membrane and the Hell Cave trail and crag improvements
- Little Cottonwood Canyon: trail mapping and plant survey, trash clean-up, bouldering area improvement, bridge to The Great White Icicle, new trail to the Egg and graffiti removal throughout the canyon
- Ferguson Canyon: trail and crag improvement
- Big Cottonwood Canyon: Slips Crag restoration and trail improvement
- Pete’s Rock: clean-up and graffiti removal
- Maple Canyon: Pipe Dream cave improvement, bridge to Pipeline Wall
- Seasonal installation of toilets in Joe’s Valley
Why is the SLCA pursuing a paid membership program?
- To increase the number and scope of events, projects, re-bolting, communications, networking and long-term planning for trails and other access issues.
- To provide needed resources to address the many land management challenges facing our climbing areas.
- If the Salt Lake Climbers’ Alliance is transformed into a group with formal membership, climbers will have a much stronger voice in issues that impact climbing access.
Please consider becoming a member of the Salt Lake Climbers’ Alliance today. It only takes a few minutes and you’ll become instrumental in supporting climbing access and opportunities in the Salt Lake Valley and beyond.
If you wish to make a tax-free* donation to the Salt Lake Climbers Alliance, please follow the link below. Currently we are partnering with PayPal™ to receive your generous contribution. Donations of as little as $5, $10, $25 or any amount will help fund our projects, and are greatly appreciated.
If you wish that your donation go towards a specific SLCA project (i.e. Joe’s Valley latrines), please indicate this in the “Add special instructions to the seller” field in the PayPal™ donation page.
*For donations of $75 or more, you will receive an email receipt. The Salt Lake Climbers Alliance is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization and contributions are tax-deductible to the full extent of the law. Your tax-deductible amount of the donation is limited to the excess of money over the value of goods received.