Ruth Lake, Uintas ADOPT A CRAG
Saturday, September 5th, 2015
Thank you if you are volunteering for the Ruth Lake Adopt a Crag scheduled for tomorrow September 5th from 9-2PM.
Here are a few details for tomorrow:
• Most important, THANK YOU for taking your Saturday to steward the places you love to climb.
• We will meet at the Ruth Lake parking lot along the Mirror Lake Scenic Byway at 9AM. Utalize the SLCA Facebook page to car pool if you are coming up from Salt Lake.
• We are looking for one volunteer to pick up the coffee from the Samak Store between 8:15-8:30am. Please email Julia@saltlakeclimbers.org if you can swing in.
• We will break into work groups from the parking lot. We would like to build two small stone bridges and finish the stone stair work along the approach trail, build retaining walls at the stairs of the Good Medicine Wall, and help create better water flow along the approach trail.
• Bring a pack with a lunch, snacks & lots of water.
• Refreshments from Moab Brewery and a gear raffle will happen after the work is complete back at the main kiosk.
• No dogs – unless you are going to tie them up out of the work zone (they get in the way and it’s unsafe to have them when we are moving big rocks).
• We will get dirty. Wear long pants, bring a long sleeve shirt, gloves (we have some extras), helmets (climbing helmets work), glasses (sun glasses work), sunscreen, and closed toed shoes (you can’t work with us in open toed shoes).
• The weather could be cold and windy – we may get a thunderstorm so bring your puffies and rain jackets! This is mountain weather and anything could happen.
• The Notch Pub is offering free cover charge if you want to stop in for food and live music by the Pete Rude Band on your way home.